Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

1.13 Idea [Datapacks]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bever46, Jan 3, 2019.

1. bever46

bever46 Raku - Permbanned

I have been thinking a bit latetly on ideas for the server. My idea is to add Datapacks to the server.
    Summary of a datapack: A datapack is a tool in a way like mods where you can change the game's items/blocks and more.
    Just a few idea of a datapack to give an exmaple:
    Player graves
    Craftable Double slabs (Let's you make stone slabs in to a double block, currently only avaible with commandblocks)
    Giant Phantoms (If a player never sleeps the phantoms at night will become bigger against that specific player)
    A new nametag: If you rename a nametag "Silence mobs (you can configure this)" the mob will be silenced. I think it could be cool for museums around the server.
    Last Datapack is Universal Dyeing. That let's you use dye on already colored blocks + you can remove the color with just some ice.

KongAlex111 and Levi_the_evil like this.
  2. bever46

Also the datapacks are already inside the server. In the world folder it should be something called "Datapack" in that specific world. Other players don't need to download anything extra for this either, unless specific new texturepack/blocks get added.

3. bever46

The only problems I could see is perhaps the phantom one, I am not sure if the hitbox get's bigger or not. The universal dye and craftable double slabs should have no problems as far as I can see.

Also I already tried this on a server with essentials + some other plugins with many datapacks on my own private testing area, not a single problem. Only thing I noticed with one datapack called "Furniture" the other players would need the texturepack to see the new blocks. If only changing the ID and blocks/items it will go completly fine.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019