Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

CSI Challenge 2

Discussion in 'Forum Games!' started by iSato, Aug 25, 2017.

1. iSato

iSato Resident Duck

Crime Scene Investigation Challenge 2
    Hello, Differentcrafters!

It's that time again for another CSI Challenge! My turnout last time was not as great as I had hoped, but I'm optimistic that this time around we can get more people on!

So, to bring people up to speed with a quick recap:

• My last CSI challenge was not perfect; it was a prototype to gauge fluidity and interest (consider it an alpha test)
    • My last CSI challenge resulted in @aWinterRose winning 50k for solving the case most accurately of the three participants
    • My last CSI challenge had some minor errors, inconsistencies, and also some miscommunication between myself and participants
    I took note of all of these things and I was sure to improve on them.

What changed
    • Contestants will have access to evidence descriptions, and evidence will be marked in the diagrams by tents/markers with numbers corresponding to the provided list
    • Contestants will be able to interview suspects/witnesses to narrow their pool and make an individual arrest
    • Contestants will have a more fluid access to forums pm's since we've swapped platforms to Xenforo
    ___

The prompt itself for the challenge is attached to this forum post as a downloadable PDF file.

I have extended the deadline for submissions to 1 week, but the rules remain the same.

If you would like to partner up with someone, you must clear it through me. Proportionate to the number of contestants, I may or may not allow it!

Each individual player MUST notify me when they've finished reading the prompt so I may begin tracking their time!

Attached Files:

User3051 likes this.
  2. User3051

User3051 New Member

I'll probably read through the prompt this weekend, a bit busy tonight and tomorrow! (Thanks real life.)

Will you be having a general time limit that functions in the same way as the last one (72 hours) or will it be tracked based completely on when users contact you to begin? If you have a static time limit, shall I suggest waiting a bit before starting the timer? You may get some more attention once users have a chance to get registered and familiar with the new forums.

3. iSato

iSato Resident Duck

Each user will have their own individual time limit according to the time in which they started. I will have individual trackers recording which dates [not times] individual contestants began their journey. The time it takes to solve the case will not deduct from someone's likelihood of winning, and I have drawn out a rubric to score people based on. Each domain has a different weight in accordance to how significant it would be in a real CSI.

User3051 likes this.
  4. User3051

User3051 New Member

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I'll try to spread the word :cool:

iSato likes this.
  5. Fluffy

Fluffy Active Member

I'm new to this type of platform and don't know how to private message people, I'm sorry, but I will try and look into it

Also do you have to download the file, because I don't have word and it would be nice if I could view it online (Like the other one)

6. User3051

User3051 New Member

Try scrolling to the top, next to your name there should be a mail icon. Click it, and from there you can start a new conversation. To message someone, type in their name in participants and it should end up auto-filling. :)

7. iSato

iSato Resident Duck

Click on my picture and then click the text that says 'Start a Conversation'.

You will not need Word to view the document. It will open as a PDF.

8. cutesheepo

cutesheepo Supreme Leader

I won't paritcipate this time but on CSI challenge 3 you can count me in

9. Xxepic_gamerxX

Xxepic_gamerxX Epic Member

Im unable to view the PFD, Says I don't have permission. Would I have to send you a message first?

10. iSato

iSato Resident Duck

PM me and we'll figure it out.