Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Cyrius_ Mod/Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Cyrius, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Cyrius

Cyrius New Member

Mod Application
    ~-~-~-~-~-~
    What is your IGN?

IGN = Cyrius_

Have you had any name changes?
    Used to be epa124

What timezone do you live in?
    Eastern Standard Time

How active are you?
    Always available through discord, normally online for at least an hour a day

Have you received any punishments before, and if so, why?
    I got scolded for going AFK with a Jetpack, which is understandable when I did it above spawn

Why do you feel you belong in this staff position?
    I've seen how a lot of towny servers turn out, people start to fluster and towns get left abandon due to either lack of advertising or being so biased towards donater perms that it's impossible to enjoy. That said, Different craft is different (Pardon me). The lively and friendly staff plus the amazing community, I've really been able to feel at home on this server. I've been staff on a few servers, and I can see some things that could help DC thrive as it should. Different craft shouldn't be like everyone else, by definition. The interesting use of plugins and the inviting spawn that gives an intro but not overwhelm the player with plugin craziness. Different craft is where I spend a lot of time, and I want to help that space become even better.
    The main Problem I see is the new user experience, I'd to see /Faq expanded or like how the dropparty warp seems to be the beginning of a place where users can go and see the plugins in action. I think with an area instead of a menu to read, people would be a lot more receptive to our server. If I get accepted as any staff position I'd like to help out people before they flood chat. This server is awesome, but there is a huge barrier to maximum enjoyment.

How old are you?

Tell us about yourself!

I'm a Junior in College, for Mechanical Engineering, specializing in High-Altitude systems. I have leadership experience in being the Captain of a 28-ft Wingspan Aluminum aircraft RV-12 (2 seater). I also teach Advanced Ski Racing to ages 8-12, so I have a lot of experience dealing with people, friendly or not. I've also been an interviewer at the National Youth form conference. Minecraft wise, I have experience in world-edit, I can code in Javascript, C++, and Python, Back end. I was Staff on a few defunct servers due to faulty management, Knowing this, hopefully I can put this information to good use to make Different craft standout. Also I know photoshoppe and I'd be more than happy to try and throw together some textures or banners for the server.

Thank you for your time,
    Best Regards
    Cyrius_
    Please Let me know if you have any further questions I'd be more than happy to answer

ModMCdl, acostas and AdamSPA like this.
  2. AdamSPA

AdamSPA Mayor of EcoCity, King of EcoNation

Nice application, but I suggest you to start with Helper - it is easier starting position in being a Staff member. Good luck !

+1 from me anyways !

-Ecologic

3. Cyrius

Cyrius New Member

Thanks, I appreciate it, I saw the cry for help on the discord, so I'm good where ever I'm needed, just trying to do my part to support a great server

4. Cali_Blonde98

Cali_Blonde98 Co-Mayor of Braavos

Hello Cyrius, I agree with Adam in that starting with the helper position would be the best decision. Not only to ease you into the commands but to build trust among other staff members and the community. I think giving you an interview is definitely fair and I would like to see how you can better the DC community as a helper!

AdamSPA likes this.
  5. Cyrius

Cyrius New Member

Thank you! I'm honored

AdamSPA likes this.
  6. Cyrius

Cyrius New Member

I'm totally fine with being a help to start, what ever the server needs of me

7. User95929

User95929 Active Member

Hello Cyrius please contact me on discord Muffinity#2946 for your interview.

Triskit and AdamSPA like this.