Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Free Painting Project!

Discussion in 'General Discussion!' started by Esako, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Esako

Esako Member

Hello, Esako here!

In about 1 months time it shall be my birthday (October 12th), and in a bizarre twist I shall be giving gifts to the server!

I am currently gathering together supplies to make a whopping 3x3 painting! The design is a secret ;)

That is 147456 blocks!

Here is where I need your help;

Over the next month I will be busy with a lot of IRL things such as art commissions, data entry, and being a member of the jury for my local Crown Court, so being able to gather all the supplies on my own will be difficult.

I have therefore set up a room filled with donation chests, labelled with the material and number needed for each block type I need.
    (For those who don't know, donation chests allow you to place items inside, but not take them out).
    I will also mark filled chests with a second, blank, sign.

Some of these materials are easy to find, others are not so much, but ANYTHING that can be spared is greatly appreciated.

Whilst I do not get notified when people donate, if you drop me a mail or comment letting me know you've been I would love to thank you personally.
    And especially if you donate any of the rarer, more expensive items then let me know.

While I cannot give people money in exchange for their donations, if the project does get finished then I intend to give special editions of the painting, or some other reward to those who donated the most; but again, even if you can only spare 1 block, it is great.

And YES, the normal versions of this 3x3 painting shall be given out COMPLETELY FREE on my birthday and a few days afterwards for everyone to enjoy.

If you are able to help out in any way then the donation chests are at /t spawn Fontaine

Thank you in advance! :D

You can see all the items needed in my town, or there is a partial list below (These are just the materials with the highest amount needed, more can be seen at the town):

Light Blue Wool - 39260
    Lapis Block - 30253
    Diamond Block - 20082
    Obsidian - 14094
    Coal Block- 11635
    Blue Wool - 10836
    Grey Wool - 3671
    Black Wool - 3300
    Grey Terracotta - 2690
    Green Wool - 1985
    Black Terracotta - 1945
    Cyan Wool - 1552
    Blue Terracotta - 724

2. User3051

User3051 New Member

I'll gather up a bunch of stuff when I get on next, and let you know what I've left so you can update the materials list.

Esako likes this.
  3. DaemonBeel

DaemonBeel The Honorable Prime Minister of Rainbow

Welp. Time to de-lava the nether.

Esako likes this.
  4. Esako

Esako Member

Just doing a quick update to say thanks for all the help I have received so far from people! :D

We started off with 64 unique block types needed to gather, and after some work from people today we have already cut that down to just 13 different block types!

The 13 we are still in need of are:
    Wools:
    Cyan - 1468
    Light Blue - 38229
    Grey - 3485
    Blue - 10754
    Green - 1808
    Black - 2721

Terracotta:
    Grey - 2546
    Black - 1603
    Blue - 686

Rares:
    Diamond Block - 19800
    Lapis Block - 24714
    Obsidian Block - 13097
    Coal Block - 1771

I have also placed 2 chests on the floor (marked by glass, leading to a total of 8 dubs)
    where other useful items can be placed that I can salvage for the above materials.
    Spare items that I can either uncraft, salvage, or craft into the above block types.

These could be;
    Diamonds, lapis, enchanting table, ender chest, coal, any colour terracotta, any colour wool, any colour dye, diamond tools/armour.
    There might be other things I have not thought of!

Again thank you to all that have helped already, and to those who help in the future! :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  5. Panda

Panda A bored member

Oops Lol I feel bad for like going to your town and not donating I had no idea I need to read forums more often... Ill be sure to drop off some things soon :D

6. Esako

Esako Member

Ooh that reminds me, Kieran noticed that prismarine blocks are not on the program used to convert colours to minecraft blocks, and so we will be able to use them instead of Diamond Blocks! (Thank goodness)

So if any of you donated any diamonds to the chests then please let me know how many so I can return them.

I don't get told when people donate so I don't know the numbers, so I will have to ask for honesty here from people, which I trust there will be :D

Thanks again for all the help so far! :D

7. cutesheepo

cutesheepo Supreme Leader

How is the painting going @Esako ?

8. mosabsomaer

mosabsomaer Member

can i help you making the paint;)

9. Esako

Esako Member

The day is almost upon us, but I have some bad new. (But also good news).

As I said in my initial post, timing was always going to be a stretch, and with a lot of new issues that arose such as colours not being right, and other projects I had to work on, my initial plan of a 9 piece painting will not be finished in time.
    I still plan to get this finished at some point, but it will not be anytime soon.

HOWEVER, I have instead finished a much smaller painting, which I am still planning on giving out FREE on the 12th, which I am hoping people will like just as much ;D

User3051 likes this.
  10. cutesheepo

cutesheepo Supreme Leader

I am only agreeing with this if I can Get a discount on the 9-part

11. User3051

User3051 New Member

Either way, I'm sure they'll both turn out great! GL :)

12. Esako

Esako Member

Today is the day!
    Make sure you give me a shout when you are online to get hold of your special Esako birthday painting!

(I understand not everyone will be on today so I will save some for the next few days as well :) )

13. User3051

User3051 New Member

Happy Birthday! :p

Esako likes this.
  14. reilly

reilly New Member

happy belated birthday!! sorry I couldn't get on to say it D: been super busy with the NBL <3 <3

Esako likes this.
  15. mosabsomaer

mosabsomaer Member

happy birthday كل سنه و انتي طيببه bonne année[arabic-english-franch using google translator :D]