Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Moistsauce's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Approved' started by moistsauce, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moistsauce

moistsauce New Member

What is your IGN?
    Moistsauce
    When were you punished?
    April 02, 2020, 13:45

Who by?
    Muffinity

What offence did you commit?
    Player Harassment and Glitch Abuse

Why should we accept your appeal?
    There has been a multitude of misconception regarding this situation.

Disappearing in tab - This was a discovery I found and thought it was a nice easter egg, never was I warned or told not to use it by staff. Checked the rules to make sure if I wasn't violating anything but found no mentions of it.

Glitch abuse - Disguises will automatically be disabled once a player engages in combat, ensuring a fair pvp. For this I challenge the reliability of the evidence that has been provided as I couldn't have possibly pvped Bruno0929 while invisible.

Player Harassment - My first impression of Bruno0929 hasn't been a positive one, this is the reason I have them on /ignore. Ever since then I have not once spoken to Bruno0929 rather they attempted to communicate to me while still ignored on multiple occasions one of them is placing signs in-game to get me to contact their socials. Bruno left the game as soon as they finished placing the signs, the only reason why I stayed in the area was to collect evidence of /ignore bypassing where later SamaelStar would inspect the signs himself in-game.

Placing bounties - I'm sure most players know that you cannot accept bounties that are placed by yourself. There is no significant rule outlining the boundaries on bounties as the server has chosen to have this plugin in-game, rules should be designed to be more transparent. I do not understand how accepting a player's bounty is considered to be harassment especially in the case with Bruno.

General harassment - How could I have possibly harrassed Bruno0929 if I have not spoken a word to them directly since I've had them on /ignore. Again, never was I told or briefed by staff not to accept their bounty and not to kill due to it being considered "harassment".

Additional comments.
    I do not agree with this ban as I feel it is unjustified in its nature - please reconsider this situation as I feel a month ban is not appropriate.

I recommend that the rules on "harassment" should be refined. Now almost every staff situation with a grey area can be associated with "harassment" since it is "identified at the discretion of staff".

I would also like to suggest that the official server rules should be updated, it has been over a year since it was last refreshed.

I look forward to any responses and hopefully, I can rejoin the server shortly.

Thank you for your time.

Chad likes this.
  2. Bruno0929

Bruno0929 Member

Hi Moist,
    I personally asked you to quit abusing the glitch twice. While I agree the rules have a lot of grey area and need to be updated, it was obvious that glitch abuse would be against the rules. Following a player with the glitch for two months + pvping them when they walk out of a no pvp zone is harassment (especially since you where asked to stop). I attempted to warn you this week that if your behaviors continued I would report you, but you reported me to a mod for “trying to get around /ignore”. I think you are lucky to have only received a month long ban, and think you deserved a more extensive punishment for the harassment & multiple sets of armor you obtained abusing a glitch. I have also witnessed you pvp multiple players directly after /t spawning (which is illegal). You took Himmies heavy duty armor just yesterday using this tactic.
    Thank you,
    -C

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  3. User95929

User95929 Active Member

After going through a lengthy investigative period of time, Jordan has decided to unban the player under the condition that this bug will never be abused again.

Appeal approved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.