Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

server situation update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements Forum' started by Jordan, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan

Jordan Owner
    Owner Staff Member

Earlier today we were sadly forced to shut down the server due to a player joining and logging in as the owner. They managed to do this by using an exploit that allowed them to use an error in the configuration of the server firewall. This gave them access to the server backend. Whilst using this exploit, the individual was able to connect a "spoofed" bungee server to our backend server and login disguised as the owner/staff. During their period of Operator access they deleted both the old world and new world. Unfortunately, these worlds cannot be brought back and for this we apologize deeply. The infiltrator attempted to steal our database (this only contains the /bal and IP of the server users). After further investigation, we found that they failed in this attempt and did not get into our databases as the firewall blocked all remote connections.

Due to this unfortunate event we will be adding extra protection to the backend server to avoid this happening in the future.

The only things that have been lost are the New and Old world BUILDS. This also includes any items you had in chests or shulkers inside those builds. The old old world, nether and end remain intact. Your town banks will remain on the server as well as any items you had in your inventory, ender chest, playervaults, etc.

The players online during the event will have had their money reset, if you are one of these people PLEASE create a ticket on the discord server and we will refund you your money. We will only be doing money refunds for the next 14 days. This same rule applies if you donated and lost keys during the event.

We've temporarily closed the /spawn world for 5-7 days while it generates. You will still be able to visit the spawn & market. Please use the old world if you wish to start rebuilding your towns. After it has generated you'll be free to re-explore this.

The old world seems to be the most reliable world at the moment. It has lived with us for 5 years! We, the staff at DifferentCraft are devastated by the loss of some* of our worlds. We really hope we can move forward past this point, and start creating awesome towns again.

We have also found a backup of one of the old worlds(custom terrain one) which was deleted but can't be implemented due to the age of it. The backup is from the end of 2018. If you would like your builds from this world please open a ticket on our discord server with the xyz of your builds, A Full Download will also put posted very shortly

Additionally, the mythic keys given by the infiltrator will NOT work. Please do not attempt to sell these and please do not buy these thinking you will get items from the mythic crate.

~ We on the DC Staff Team cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    poesepro and Spookz like this.
  2. poesepro

poesepro wehushi_sushi

Hope everything works out

3. Montrulio

Montrulio New Member

The server staff handled this the best they can. Thank you!

4. Trekinsanity

Trekinsanity New Member

Hang in there staff!

5. Peter_B_A

Peter_B_A New Member

I'm sad to see all my stuff go, but I am confident that the server will bounce back!

6. Sammy7s7

Sammy7s7 New Member

I heard what happened and had an idea. I know I will be ignored because I don't play here anymore but hear me out. Since build world and old world are gone and virtually no one still playing has builds in old old world you might as well have a full reset. I know Jordan doesn't want to delete worlds ever but the hacker took care of two thirds of the problem for him. The only things left are ancient relics. A reset can help a server this old by getting old bored players to come back and rebuild there empires. Also you erase old problems and glitches and start fresh with a fully functioning system. I mean it made the server look bad flying over towns full of core-lib heads and seeing the permanent out of stock status of things from the green gem merchant in spawn. Jordan can reconfigure the server with only working plugins and if something starts working again he can add it in later. The server I play on now had a reset and went from 20-25 players at a time to 50-75 (and has a lag problem). How long has this server been going over 6 years now? That is far to long to go without a reset. I know there will be a lot of push back on the idea of a reset but given the state of things this is the best time to do it. It would be like over do routine maintenance.

acostas likes this.
  7. Ashlee

Ashlee New Member

Everyone voted on discord and it was overwhelmingly voted for a just a partial reset.

Duckiegames and Spookz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.