Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Regent City

Discussion in 'Everything Towny!' started by Spookz, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Spookz

Spookz Leader of EcoCity and Panem

Introducing Regent City

The_Redstone_Kid and I are excited to share our new and exciting town, Regent City, with the wonderful DifferentCraft community, which we joined just three weeks ago.

Inspired by a variety of locations within England, Regent City provides an exceptional living, shopping and leisure environment with its light and contemporary central complex and surrounding plots and parkland.

Featuring striking quartz walls and polished granite floors, the central complex has been designed to enhance the experience of residents and visitors, with grand glass canopies flooding the complex with natural light. All the city's facilities are housed within the building for the convenience of residents and visitors.

Surrounding the city centre are the plots, with a grid system enabling people to navigate the city with ease. Dotted throughout the suburbs are plenty of trees and parks to improve the sustainability and biodiversity of the city. We are ideally situated in the centre of a plains biome, with nearby savannahs, mountains, deserts, forests and an ocean a short distance away.

Details about the planned opening date and features will be announced within the next couple of days - please check this thread and discord!

Regent City is proud to be a member of EcoNation

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Spookz03
    the_redstone_kid

Regent City Co-Mayors

acostas, OGEnderChic and AdamSPA like this.
  2. OGEnderChic

OGEnderChic City of Quarantine's Secretary of State

I loved reading this description. I can't wait to see ya'll open up!

Spookz likes this.
  3. Spookz

Regent City Is Opening!

After nearly four weeks of planning and construction, Phase 1 of Regent City is finally nearing completion.
    the_redstone_kid and I are proud to be partly opening Phase 1 of Regent City to the DifferentCraft community at

/t spawn Regent
    19:30BST Friday 17 April

Sixteen 16x16 plots will be available to purchase absolutely free, with many more planned for the city in the coming days. The first shop will also be open, providing essential materials at low and affordable prices.

Please note that Central Complex is not yet fully complete, which means some areas are not yet accessible to the public.
    Please excuse us whilst these necessary works continue - we aim to have the city fully open very soon, including most shops and grinders running! More details about what's where in the city will be posted in the morning.

Please contact me on discord or in game if you have any questions!

@Spookz#8579

Looking forward to welcoming everyone tomorrow!

Spookz03
    the_redstone_kid

4. Spookz

Hi everyone!

Due to unforeseen circumstances we are unfortunately going to have to postpone the opening of Regent City. ​

We are very sorry to disappoint you all - we will keep you updated on the forums as to when the opening will be.

Thank you for your understanding.

Spookz03
    the_redstone_kid

5. Spookz

Regent City Is Now Open!!!

/t spawn Regent

Three weeks after the Regent City Centre Complex broke ground, the_redstone_kid and I are excited to finally announce that Regent City is now open!

Phase 1 includes:
    Fourteen 16x16 plots, free to purchase
    Beehive Park, a relaxing and peaceful haven at the heart of Regent City
    Four shops: Generic Blocks (Wood, stone, sand, grass, etc), Ores and valuables, Mob Drops and Dyes.
    The ground floor areas of the Regent Central Complex.

Please note that there is still work taking place throughout the town - visitors and residents may notice that certain areas are currently closed off or appear quite bare. These areas will be developed by our team of excellent helpers over the next few days and weeks and we will keep everyone updated via this forum thread!

What's Where?
    Shops: From Spawn, turn around and head into the complex. Turn right onto the bridge and follow the signs for the shops. There are currently two shops open on the bridge. Just before the ore shop, there is a flight of stairs on your left. This takes you down onto the station concourse, where you can turn left down the quartz stairs to reach the shops on Level -1.

We set low prices to assist newer players and we would appreciate it if players would not use our shops to stock their own shops.

Plots: From Spawn, turn right and out of the building. Turn right, following 'Regent Street' to Phase 1 of the plots area. Find a plot you like and type [/plot claim] to begin residing in the city!

Further Information

Please be sure to read the City Guidebook, positioned on the lectern at spawn.
    This contains the rules of the City and its plots and information about the city.

Please note that, in order to deliver Phase 2 swiftly and to further expand Regent City, we are currently charging a small daily plot tax. This is being reviewed regularly and will be removed once funds are sufficient.
    We hope that players understand the reason for this measure.

Proud to be a member of EcoNation

If you have any questions or enquiries, please do not hesitate to ask me or the_redstone_kid on here, on discord or in game!.
    Looking forward to seeing you all around!

Mayor Spookz03
    Co-Mayor the_redstone_kid

OGEnderChic likes this.
  6. Spookz

During the terrible events of 23/4, all of Regent City's land was devastatingly destroyed and lost forever, only two days after Phase 1 opened and residents had just begun working hard on their plots.

However, this is not the end. Exciting plans are underway with another city that tragically lost hours of hard work and countless lovingly designed city buildings and houses. We will rise from the ashes!

In the meantime, I thank everyone who contributed to the excavation, supply of materials and construction of Regent City, and to our loyal and friendly residents:
    LezyCowboy
    DBlockEurope
    xXIce_ReaperXx
    nabzorda

As always, please message me on discord at Spookz#8579 or ingame at /mail send Spookz03 if you have any questions.
    The aforementioned residents will have received mail from me regarding the merge.

Kind regards

Hal

AdamSPA and Chad like this.