Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

About swearing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EstellaOfVenus, Aug 6, 2019.

?

Should swearing be allowed?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  1. EstellaOfVenus

EstellaOfVenus 19 Circles ontop of eachother

A lot of people complain about swearing in the general chat and i believe it should at least be looked into or a poll to be held. It doesn't have to allow swearing 100%, Just put in a rule where it has to be used in moderation and staff can warn people if they just constantly use it. That's at least my opinion.

Chad and Anonymous like this.
  2. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

We find a non swearing environment to be a less toxic environment.

To clarify, the rule is not no swearing at all. If you die and say "poop I died" that's fine it's expression. The main concern we have with swearing is if it's excessive or directed at another player.
    I will often ignore the odd word from a player and if it is picked up by the filter, 9 times out of 10 will ignore it to.

Why is swearing needed though? In all my time playing I can only think of a few situations that warranted me swearing (even then in a pm to another staff member)
    Swearing in all other chats but main is ignored unless reported. The need to swear in main chat is non existing.

Duckiegames likes this.
  3. EstellaOfVenus

EstellaOfVenus 19 Circles ontop of eachother

Looking at your reply and the points you made i understand your logic and take back my request, just not used to the not swearing after so long of being able to I guess.