Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

ChicagoDogg Ban appeal/rant

Discussion in 'Denied' started by NicolasLynn, Jun 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicolasLynn

NicolasLynn World Champion

IGN
    ChicagoDogg

When where you punished
    I believe sometime in the last week (I don’t have my PC so I am going of what other users have told me)

Who By
    Cali_Blonde I believe

What Offense did I commit?
    Lwc bypass

Why should we accept your appeal
    180 Days for looting crap is excessive (I will add to this in Additional Comments),

Additional Comments
    Whoever is reading this knows me, Not on a personal level but they know me for my kindness and contribution to the server. I have even donated to show my support and love for this server. Jordan has done a fantastic job.

I am aware of my actions which was LWC bypass, which at the time of learning how this bypass worked I did not know this was bannable. A player by the name of Gezmos was banned for LWC bypass for 30 days which was when I found out that LWC bypass existed. (It should be noted that I though Gezmos used a 3rd party exploit to steal loot from a chest). A few days later I learned about an LWC bypass that included using a Rail and a hopper Minecart to steal the loot from a chest. I did not know that this was the exploit used to steal loot at the time. I will not mention the player who tought me this method of stealing but he is the Mayor of the town I am a Co-mayor in. I started using this exploit thinking that it was ok and being reassured by my now banned partner that I would not get banned and what I was doing was ok. Well time passes and I gradually stop stealing from these locked chests. A few days later the player that taught me how to steal from these locked chests gets banned and I completely stopped stealing from locked chests as he was banned. Few days later I leave for summer vacation and then about a week later I am banned.

I have no clue if I’m banned, the mod team could be trolling me. But...

I do not deserve as harsh of a ban. I never (to my knowledge) disrupted any players loot and only looted from abandoned town and abandoned builds.

Yes I am aware I broke the rules and fully support the mod team for doing what’s right despite me having good connections, however many players would like to see less harsh of band for players looting from locked chests in abandoned towns where the owner is never or is highly unlikely to ever come back to the server.

I apologize for writing an essay but I would like the see change the to punishment for looting from abandoned locked chests

-Sincerely

ChicagoDogg

acostas likes this.
  2. Shyroz

Shyroz King of Jonia.

Hello ChicagoDogg, i was the staff that found out that you stole from locked chest at one abandoned town.
    As you say that you have no clue if the Mod team could be trolling, no, they are not, i asked to the Mod team to ban you after i was exploring at old world and found out a big quantity of locked chest looted by you and another 2 players (they got banned the same time as you).

You say that the player Gezmos got 30 days for it, but, when was it? The punishments have changed recently as we updated them, your mayor got the same ban as you and the other 2 players that i told you before.

The ignorance of the rules does not exempt you from them.

I'll let you one of the many screenshots that i took in case that you still think that our Moderators team is trolling:

https://imgur.com/dLc9Wim

At that one you can see how all the chests have under them the blocks broken, i can link you the screenshots of all of them if you want it, all got stolen by you and another player.

Best Regards - Shyroz

3. Cali_Blonde98

Cali_Blonde98 Co-Mayor of Braavos

Hello ChicagoDogg,

Firstly, with all due respect, I have not felt your remorse for your actions while reading your ban appeal. Secondly, you state "I started using this exploit thinking that it was ok..." The DifferentCraft rules make it clear that using exploits of any kind is against the rules. (See rule below)

No bug exploiting. No server is flawless, especially when new plugins are added. Occasionally catastrophic bugs become serverwide knowledge. Please refrain from abusing them, and contact staff privately if you have found one. This includes bypassing lwc locks.

Lastly, the DifferentCraft recommended consequences have been recently updated therefore will not be changed anytime soon. Your punishment is no different than others who have broken the LWC rule.

Perhaps Jordan or another staff member may feel differently and decrease your ban length but until then, I hope to see improvements when you return!

-Cali

TheManOfSorrows and Duckiegames like this.
  4. NicolasLynn

NicolasLynn World Champion

I fully deserve to be punished as I did break the rules. My point is that I would like to see less harsh punishment in the future to LWC bypasses in abandoned towns. I don’t care if I’m banned for 180 days as I will not be returning to the server. I just don’t feel it’s right when you raiding people who will never come back online.

5. Cali_Blonde98

Cali_Blonde98 Co-Mayor of Braavos

How do you know those players will never return? The whole point of having locked chests is to assure players will not have their items stolen no matter what. It seems to me that is the point that you are missing. The punishment is harsh to prevent people from stealing from others and giving false hope to those who lock their chests. Even if a player doesn't return for a year (like many players do) they should not be worried if their items are taken if and when they return.

TheManOfSorrows and Duckiegames like this.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Wandering Weeb

Hello ChicagoDogg. I and a number of the staff team have reviewed your appeal to be unbanned and we are all in agreement that you should not be accepted.

To that end, your ban appeal has been Denied

The fact of the matter is that you still broke this rule, regardless of whether or not you knew it was against the rules. It is the responsibility of the player to read the rules and follow them and it is the responsibility of the staff to enforce these rules to maintain the server. We have done our job, however, you as a player have failed at yours. Another thing to note. Jordans original punishment for this rule was a year ban. The staff team decided to be more lenient with the punishment as the bug has only just been brought to the attention of the player base.

~ Thank You from the DC Staff Team

Duckiegames likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.