Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Unfairly Permanently Banned

Discussion in 'Denied' started by ClaraOz, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaraOz

ClaraOz Guest

What is your IGN?
    My IGN is ClaraOz, and I'm writing this on behalf of myself, Muffinity, and Noassi.

When were you punished?
    We were banned on November 11, 2020.

Who by?

SamaelStar

What offence did you commit?
    Noassi, Muffinity, and I did not break any DifferentCraft rules and we were wrongfully, permanently banned. We were banned for “Advertising” by Samaelstar, but had never advertised anything. Muffinity and Noassi have never shared their server information to anyone but people who had left the DC server already. They wanted to keep their server completely separate from this one, and were very strict in telling me not to mention their server IP/name. Whenever I was leaving DC, I was giving literally everything I owned away and Diabesus asked me why I was leaving. I told them that I could not say anything on the server and if they really wanted to know, they could PM me in discord. (BTW I was planning on leaving anyways because I was too busy with real life, I never had any time to play, and I wanted a change in communities.)

Diabesus and I had a very simple short conversation of me explaining that I was leaving to join a different server that Noassi and Muffinity owned. I did NOT mention the server name or IP at all, or say anything close to being advertising. (I will put the exact screenshot of the Discord conversation at the end of the page. The screenshot contains the whole conversation and It’s completely unedited.) This means whomever was reported to about this conversation and possible “Advertising,” had to actually search for the IP or server name by themselves through google, YouTube, or any other search engine to find this public/free information. No one was advertised to and therefore we were all wrongfully banned. Even if we were a possible “risk to this server”, we had not ever done anything to hint we would reveal our server information to anyone. Honestly, we don’t really want anyone from DC to join us anyways because we like being separate, and it creates boundaries between us and you.

Why should we accept your appeal?
    Muffinity and Noassi do NOT deserve be banned because of my wrong-doing. I didn’t break the rules nor would I ever dare to, although I might have gotten close it because of that one discord conversation. I never mentioned the server name, IP, or anything hinting to it. I never meant this conversation to be anything close to “advertising” or anything close to it. I deeply regretted that conversation because it affected my friends and their dedication to this server. Muffinity greatly appreciates this server and would never do anything to break the rules.

At the very least, it would be fair to unban Noassi and Muffinity because they never broke any rules and were never involved in my private conversation with Diabesus. Muffinity has been on this server for nearly 5 years, and has never done anything against the rules and has been an amazing, trustworthy moderator to everyone on this server for a long time. I do not deserve to be permanently banned because of this. But if I am still going to be banned in some way because I might be a “risk”, that’s okay, as long as I can do everything in my power to show that Muffinity and Noassi did absolutely nothing wrong and should be completely unbanned. I have never broken any DC rules in the past and I’m never planning to.

Thank you for your time and consideration. And I hope you all can come to a reasonable conclusion.

If any staff has any additional questions or requests for more details regarding this situation, please message me on discord @ClaraOz#4102.

This is the unedited screenshot of the entire conversation on Nov. 6th.
    (I couldn't figure out how to upload the screenshot directly, but this link is safe, through google photos, and will work just fine.) https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZCUXCmoN3eKXrJEe8

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Wandering Weeb

Hey Clara, sorry if a response for this takes some time. The bans I gave to each of you were on behalf of Jordan and so I will be directing him to this appeal or directly quoting on his behalf. Thanks :)

ClaraOz likes this.
  3. prawnsonastick2

prawnsonastick2 Pub Landlord with Buxham Brewery

By that screenshot - it's clear that ClaraOz placed some effort in concealing this information - the conversation alludes to a prior engagement the two made. I highly suspect Diabesus asked Clara why she was selling all of her stuff and the fact that it was taken to DMs (On Discord might I add) as opposed to stating the purpose in general chat, shows her acknowledgement of this rule. Clara could have mentioned this in general, but she didn't.

Furthermore, It would have been very hard for Diabesus to actually join the server based on this conversation alone. He could have very well asked for the IP - which would have been an entirely different situation - but based on this conversation alone he would have struggled. No mention of IP or server name, just the fact that Noassi and Muffinity happen to be apart of it.

Also, I see no reason why the other two should also be banned. Only one out of the three comitted the act of Advertisement, and even that is questionable. The truth is, people have lives outside of this server on Minecraft and we shouldn't punish them for that.

ClaraOz likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Wandering Weeb

After a conversation with Jordan on the situation I have been told that we will keep all 3 banned.
    Jordan does not want to risk the security of differentcraft and so even if there was no active advertising
    he has decided that all 3 should be removed as security risks. Thank you

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.