Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Project SheepMafia

Discussion in 'Share your builds' started by TheManOfSorrows, Mar 3, 2020.

1. TheManOfSorrows

TheManOfSorrows Al_Cabaane

Just dumping a sort of beginning of my 1 man project.

First project was my #1 outpost - Guardian farm. Most of it done in couple days, still needs some finishing touches and additions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Project #2 was a real town spawn for me and some building(s) to show that there is an actual town in the middle of the jungle. So, I decided to build a little hut for myself! This too is mostly finished, needs some finishing touches but I'm happy with the end result. Decided to not do too much terraforming around the place and let my funky building style do the magic instead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will update this thread as I finish more builds. Sooner or later, depends on my motivation and inspiration.

AdamSPA likes this.
  2. AdamSPA

AdamSPA Mayor of EcoCity, King of EcoNation

This is really beautiful ! Good luck with it !

-Eco

3. TheManOfSorrows

TheManOfSorrows Al_Cabaane

Turns out "sooner or later" is bit over 3 years afterwards. A lot has happened in between and to celebrate the upcoming easter event and the slow but steady revival of the server - here's a small update and little history lesson.

After the world deletion happened, I thought I would go out looking for a small island because I had close to no motivation to build absolutely anything. Eventually I found what I was looking for, put a quick spawn building there and built some "ugly but this works" living quarters underground. It is only me living there after all so who cares how it looks like!

Since then, I really disliked the spawn building. I tried to build something new and bit odd looking but as per usual, I just dont get any inspiration to build something that would satisfy my eyes. It didnt look right, it didnt work the best but it had to do as a temporary solution for.. couple years.

After a long dead period a miracle happened. There was a new developer and the server turned from what felt like my single player world with all the plugins I love to a real server again. Then one night I got one of these dumb ideas that turn out to be a great idea - I have kept a copy of an old server spawn I built with couple friends almost 10 years ago for a now long dead server I used to play on back in the day. The build still is in my opinion my magnum opus, the absolute peak of my creativity. Sadly the spawn itself was not used for too long as the server died soon after its implementation.

So, 1 Litematica download, couple weeks of planning and almost 1,5 months of building later, here is couple sneak peeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can go check the interior and the shop underneath at /t spawn SheepMafia - hint: there may be a celebratory easter-revival-sale coming soon.

Original build had a full icy mountain around the area and had a giant mall next to this building, for obvious reasons I felt like this building was enough to bring back to life even though the mall is the second best thing I have built. Maybe one day? The outer shell is mostly unmodified, what took the most time was the interior which still is somewhat undone as I need to plan and procrastinate more. Lot of stuff needs to be moved, private living quarters planned and so on.

And the history lesson? SheepMafia was actually formed for the first time over 10 years ago and the name comes obviously from my skin which was back then a mafioso sheep. Why? Because the server owner was a cow in a suit, my 2 builder friends were squid and wolf in a suit so I had to pick an animal.. A sheep looked at me and it was decided. And later SheepMafia was formed to.. Well, let's keep that a secret for now.