Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Bounty Plugin Additions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CoolJoe, Oct 15, 2017.

?

Agree or Disagree?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2017.
  1. Agree :D

50.0%
  2. Disagree D:

50.0%
  3. Agree with some :| (if so, please reply)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

When bounties are placed on somebody, you can still only kill them in a non-pvp area. I think that bounty hunters should be able to kill their targets even in non-pvp areas. Also, three more suggestion related to the Bounty Plugin:
    1) I think that the only people that can view/accept (everybody above a certain rank should be able to place bounties) bounties should be bounty hunters, meaning that there should be a dedicated job for bounty hunting.
    2) When a bounty hunter kills a target, no matter what weapon you use to kill said target, their head should ALWAYS be taken (placed into the bounty hunters inventory to then later bring to the person who placed the bounty)
    3) If the bounty hunter brings the bounty placer the head of the target, then the bounty hunter receives $500 (extra) or so from the server (NOT any players).

Please let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions
    Thanks
    CoolJoe :D

mosabsomaer likes this.
  2. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

I'd like to revise a couple of the things above.

1) On number two, I meant to type hunter's instead of hunters
    2) People can exploit this plugin if they get paid that much by the server. So maybe it could be a lower amount or they could get paid by the bounty placer

:D

3. NicolasLynn

NicolasLynn World Champion

Creative Idea but... This would cause people exploiting the plugin. lets say im walking and BAM bounty on me! 1. Wuphe always TP's to me when i get a bounty and people would find my town. Even with /lock tis would mess stuff up.

4. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

There could just be a new rule made against that.

5. Esako

Esako Member

Firstly, there should never be the case where someone is able to be killed in a non-pvp area.
    Many players, myself included, like for most of their time to be peaceful.
    Sure sometimes we might fight a bit, but everyone should know that if they are in their private, town house they would be free to relax and not on edge waiting for an attack.
    Especially as a lot of players have incredibly rare heads, so this would mean they are not safe anywhere.

2. With the current bounty system this is already in place. If you have accepted a bounty on someone and you kill them, you will ALWAYS get their head.

3. I do prefer the idea that the person who set the bounty gets the head. It may be easier for the head just going straight to them, rather than having to do a whole trade afterwards.

User3051 likes this.
  6. User3051

User3051 New Member

Esako is right about non PvP zones - you will never be allowed to do this. Besides, part of bounty hunting is that you actually have to hunt people. That means you may have to invest some time into actually finding them in PvP zones.

As for head drops, the only time it will not drop is if you kill the person too soon. It should tell you if/when/how long you need to wait to accept it, so this shouldn't be a problem.

It would be interesting if bounty were to give the head directly to the person who placed it, however we'd run into problems where if the person was offline, their inv was full, etc. The point of the head dropping is that you obtain proof that you killed that person - and a lot of people like to show off who and how many people they've killed. Additionally, doing this may take away the incentive for a lot of hunters to actually go out and kill people, especially when it involves some level of risk. Most hunters do it for their own collection, and bounty prices often aren't high enough to be incentive itself, so if they don't have the option to keep it, they're not going to bother.

7. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

Thank you thank you for addressing all of the key points of the suggestion. What you said makes a lot of sense, I didn't think about those when I was writing that.

8. User3051

User3051 New Member

We appreciate and encourage the suggestions nonetheless!

9. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

10. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

• *encouraging

11. cutesheepo

cutesheepo Supreme Leader

Forum drinking game. Take a shot every time @CoolJoe uses an emoticon.

12. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

I'm so drunk :3

13. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

14. user6118

user6118 New Member

Also, a bounty cannot be taken with a bow.

User3051 likes this.