Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by TheAppleNut2, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TheAppleNut2

TheAppleNut2 AppleBottom

It's TheAppleNut2 here.

I will start from my precise beginning. I come from a fairly extensive background of Minecraft, specifically towny servers. Approximately four years ago, I discovered a towny and factions server. As soon as I joined, I fell in love with the idea of owning towns and being able to sell plots to other players. Basically the overall notion of realistic capitalism in game form. I started as a regular player, and for nearly a year, all I did was construct my town and cultivate into the community. I began to ascertain so much about the server and all of its portions. However, I had always wanted to improve the server. Contemplate superior designs and leave a eternal impression on not only my friends, but the users as well. Therefore, I decided I would try for staff. Long story short, after two years, I was granted partial ownership of the server I had been so devoted to for years. This server had been established for two years before I came along. I was the first to rank up through every single rank before ownership. I loved my community and my community loved me. I was modestly overjoyed.

Regrettably, life matters got in my way. I was forced to leave my cherished server and community just weeks after my promotion into ownership due to personal complications. I was completely distraught. I checked in with the server from time to time. Nonetheless, as time passed, I stopped checking in. As a matter of fact, I never opened Minecraft again. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I got caught up in other things and simply forgot.

After roughly eight months passed, I thought of my old server and friends one day. I decided I was going to log onto the server and website, and start up again. I reinstalled Minecraft, logged in, and began to type in the server address. I was utterly thrilled. However, the server couldn’t connect. I thought, that’s strange. So, I went to the website. It took me to a fresh and modernized site that looked remarkable! But, the site was blank, all except for the layout. No words, no pictures, no nothing. Except for one forum post with the title, “It’s All Over”. I couldn’t believe it. Just like that, all my beautiful memories of four years of playing all gone. Granted, I hadn’t played for practically a year. Although, in that moment, I was overwhelmed with sorrow. It really was all over. One of the greatest, most populated towny servers of its time for roughly six years had vanished.

My personal complications are ultimately over, and I am tremendously eager to begin my new journey on Minecraft once again. I've just recently been looking for a new, popular, and well organized towny server, and this seems to be the place. I am looking forward to making new friends and beginning my new-found love for towny here on DifferentCraft.

Kindest Regards,

TheAppleNut2

SLOF12 and CrazyDad543 like this.
  2. User3051

User3051 New Member

I'm sorry that you've lost your old community, but I'm glad you've found us! Alot of us here have gone through similar circumstances, so we understand how upsetting it can be. I've been playing towny for quite a few years as well, and now quite happily have found a 'home' on DifferentCraft. Been here since 2014 and wouldn't think of leaving.

I hope you're enjoying DC so far, and continue to do so! If you ever have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself or another member of staff, we'd be happy to help. If you're into voice chat, come meet us on TS :)

3. TheAppleNut2

TheAppleNut2 AppleBottom

Hi there, aWinterRose!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Just from what I've seen thus far, the community here is exactly where I want to be. It's good to know I can relate to a few other people here.

If I can figure out my microphone situation, I may have to join you all sometime!

Hope to talk to you soon,

TheAppleNut2

User3051 likes this.
  4. User3051

User3051 New Member

Was happy to see you in game today! Hope to continue seeing you around :)
    Good luck :D

TheAppleNut2 likes this.