Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Display probabilities for the Treasure Crates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Disciple Gizmo, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple Gizmo

Disciple Gizmo New Member

This is a little strange. All of the other crates display appropriate chance values, but why not the treasure crates? The one that are actually BUYABLE from the server's store. If people are going to put money into the server, the least you could do is show the chances. Selling of items that affect gameplay to begin with is disallowed by Mojang's EULA, why don't you at least show us the chances of recieving that Artifact bottle?

2. SteenDeFenomeen

But if you do that, it isnt gonna be a big surprise anymore, and that is the thing they want, a surprise!

T2theZ and Duckiegames like this.
  3. Disciple Gizmo

Right. I want to spend money on a "surprise". An unreliable "surprise". This must be satire, because honestly, this is borderline gambling.

4. SteenDeFenomeen

They aint saying hat u HAVE to buy it, it is your own choice to buy it.

Duckiegames likes this.
  5. Disciple Gizmo

No, but it would be a courtesy that the DC team displays the chances of receiving each item. No matter if it's required for gameplay progression or not, it is still gambling. It would still be a surprise of course, but at least you know what the odds are before you purchase. Even the lottery (irl) gives you the probabilities.

6. JipJaws

JipJaws Mayor of Atlantis

I agree with Gizmo, we should definitely see the chances of what we could get ESPECIALLY since we are paying money to get it.

7. z0mbie_warr1or

z0mbie_warr1or ChickenCat

I don’t agree I think it should just be a surprise it’s not like people force you to donate for a key it’s your choice

Duckiegames likes this.
  8. Disciple Gizmo

At this point, it’s total gambling. If the rewards were objectively equal in value, then a surprise would be acceptable. Objectively, the rewards are not equal in terms of use. For starters, this system does not comply with Minecraft’s End Users License Agreement in the slightest. That aside, it is only ethical to show the chances. If you follow with the new gaming controversy, it is focusing on how lootboxes are basically gambling. The least you guys could do is display the chances so people know what the outcome will be like, and it surely won’t stop sales. If it does, then the probabilities are probably not fair to begin with. It’s not a big change, but it is ethical. Even the lottery provides a probability of winning each prize.

9. Duckiegames

Duckiegames Emperor of Prussia

i agree with Zombie

10. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

It’s kind of obvious the good rewards will have a lower chance

I don’t see how this can be turned into an argument.

Duckiegames likes this.
  11. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

the percentages can be easily found out

Dirty gems and low amounts of money = high chance

Legendary bottles and large amounts of money = low chance

z0mbie_warr1or and Duckiegames like this.
  12. Disciple Gizmo

But it's still incredibly vague. If I were to spend money on a treasure key, which defies the EULA to begin with, AND it's an item that I can literally lose by dying in a bad location, I would at least like to know what the chance of getting a desirable item. "Low chance for good item doesn't cut it", because if I'm going to spend $7.99 on a key that has a 0.015% chance of giving me a half decent item, I just think that's completely unfair. I feel that the chances are deliberately hidden because the probabilities are unfair to increase sales, or show that you respect donations and give the proper and common courtesy that even the lottery has. Loot-crates to begin with are total gambling, and while it's not required, it's still gambling.

13. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

Already explained all of this

Thread locked

Duckiegames likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.