Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Appeal to Ban for Dragoxbeam

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Dragoxbeam, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoxbeam

Dragoxbeam New Member

What is your IGN?
    Dragoxbeam

When were you punished?
    Seven day temp ban on the eleventh of November

Who by?
    DaemonBael

What offence did you commit?
    AFK fishing/macro use

Why should we accept your appeal?

In honesty, I have no standard or expected defense of my actions.
    I fish on Minecraft servers, especially when that have the MCMMO plugin. I love the noise the bobber makes when a catch has been made, and the ding of the MCMMO plugin's level-up is like music to my ears. I mention this, to illustrate that the enjoyment of this task, to me, is the emotional payoff of my "progress" not the effort that it took to make it to that point, unlike other MC tasks. It was also to frame a specific slippery slope of logic that I found myself on.

For the longest time, I fished manually, albeit with as little effort as possible. I would use my bad hand to cast the rod while I watched some video or anime, using the bobber splash as my cue to reel the line in. It was no modern marvel of ability, but it was absolutely manual, no matter how bare-bones. Weeks, across more than one server, passed, and I had become somewhat tired with the same song and dance, and the crippling disability I had performing tasks with only one hand was starting to irritate me. I had decided, possibly incorrectly in hindsight, to use a Client mod that visually detected the fishing-rod, and caught them.

I had convinced myself that the fishing mod was simply performing the task I had been performing for weeks now, just slightly Worse. Yes, worse, because I was no longer able to listen to any casting inconsistencies while watching a show, unless I had also kept the Minecraft volume turned up sufficiently. This is how I justified it. I babied the mod, checking the water for drops and my chests for trash, interacting with chat, and selling and buying items, just like a normal user might. I wasn't a normal user, but I had deluded myself into thinking that I was.

Today's incident was the perfect storm of my ignorance and failure to pay attention. This will have been the third(?) time a moderator has felt the need to check up on me, and the second time using this exact method. Once, I was approached by what I can only assume was a moderator. It seemed that a vanished player was standing in front of my zombie proof hut, blocking my fishing line. I had game volume up while this happened, letting me hear the dry bobber, and I ask in chat "Who's invis in front of me?" The stuck bobber issue resolved immediately. That led me to believe that a moderator wanted to know what I was doing, but made no effort to contact me.

The other two contacts with Moderators might have happened with or without the modification, and in fact: One of them did! In the first one, I was simply fishing, manually, and watching TV. I spent an entire 10-15 minutes watching the show, only looking away maybe twice to adjust the fishing rod. I look back at the PC after the credit start to see a moderator had Whispered me some four times, trying to confirm that I was on. I was on, and, in fact, actively participating in the game. However, I could have been misunderstood of using a macro, and gotten banned unfairly.

This time, however, a mod had every reason to look in on me. There is no denying it. I was caught "slipping", and I am currently facing the consequences. I was exhausted after a long day, and had been up for much longer than I thought I had been. I decided to watch the new Super Mario Odyssey World record speedrun while I wound down to go to sleep. I fell asleep, ignorant I had even done so. Goodnight, Dragoxbeam, sleep tight. It's ignorance like this part that is keeping me from being angry at anyone but myself. I don't fish overnight, because I can't get an emotional payoff while I drool on the pillow. But I let myself fall asleep, and worse than that, I let myself fall asleep with my macro running, which is leagues worse than the fact that I passed out in the middle of a world record speedrun. That's what got me banned, my own ignorance and fallibility.

Closing remarks.
    I truly do apologize for having to make the moderators deal with some schmuck like me when I could have been dealing with myself correctly, and avoided all of this. I only request a ban removal at this time because it would let me keep my town from collapsing, seeing as I have less in my town reserves than the time of my ban. I will return when my ban expires either way, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the server. People like Mahimanta are what keeps this community thankful for the generosity they provide, and the people you share experiences with, like a fanaticism over Zombie Pigmen, is what keeps the server vibrant with activity.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this

~Dragoxbeam

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    cutesheepo and Fluffy like this.
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Active Member

AFK fishing is cheating and gives you an advantage over all other players. Also it allows you to not be kicked, meaning your playtime for the month will be increased. You might be disqualified from the top voter for this month if you are unbanned

3. DaemonBeel

DaemonBeel The Honorable Prime Minister of Rainbow

I believe if you go into the Minecraft Sound effects folders, you can extract and copy the fishing sound and retrieve the mcmmo level sound fx. You can loop it into Windows Movie makers to get a consistent pleasurable sound effect for yourself.

Appeal Denied. Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.