Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Ban Appeal (5 days)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by ItsMeButcher, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMeButcher

ItsMeButcher New Member

Punishment Appeals

What is your IGN?
    ItsMeButcher

When were you punished?
    01/08/2018
    20:54 BST

Who by?
    Umbra_Daemonis

What offence did you commit?
    "Continued harassment against players after being ignored" (It was 1 player)

Why should we accept your appeal?
    I think it should be accepted because the person i was "harassing" didn't have me on ignore, As stated in the ban reason, thats why i was able to message them directly, all they had to do was ignore me (I understand i could have "just stopped" but they could have also "just ignored me") Also in direct messages we were having a discusion where i was being told to stop and after a small discussion I said "ok ill stop messaging him" and i thought it ended there, but then a message or 2 later I got the ban, i thought the situation was over once i said that id stopped.

Additional comments.

I think due to recent events that happened a day or two ago that had a lot of attention, a lot of attention has been brought to me which make any situation worse, no matter how small it is so I feel staff have been a bit more "strict" on me when it comes to these things. (this additional comment part isn't part of the appeal, i just wanted my thought to be said as i know this will get denied and locked).

2. ItsMeButcher

ItsMeButcher New Member

In the rules under "Harassment" it says "
    • Trying to make contact with players who’ve /ignore’d you will result in a ban.
    But they didn't ignore me, I thought after staff was contacted about being harassed that they will me asked to "/ignore" them, (it doesnt say this in the rules however)

ALSO, this may be a bit of miscommunication, when UMBRA first messaged me to stop and we had a discussion, i thought that discussion was the first warning which ended in my saying "ok ill stop messaging him" but i think he counted each message he had to reply to me a warning for some reason

P.S I think discussing a problem isnt a bad thing, i think the person youre disussing it with just doesnt want to deal with the situation

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. ItsMeButcher

ItsMeButcher New Member

Just please, when you reply, dont do it in a light pink coloured text

4. Umbra_Daemonis

Umbra_Daemonis Mayor of Ishval

Hello there,

First of all, the person who you harassed did have you on ignore at some point, but unignored you because he was still hearing pings. (Personal Message pings can still be heard even if you ignore the person). It seemed you had not stopped sending the messages. The fact you say you understand you could've "just stopped", and continue it with a but, shows me you do not understand it. There is a line you have crossed, multiple times with this person.

In direct message we indeed had a discussion. I asked you numerous times to stop, and you argued that the person could've just /ignored you. I told you nonetheless, over and over, that you should stop.
    You did indeed say you'd stop.
    However, after you said that, I learned you had already been harassing before, and he had you on /ignore before. Therefor it is punished as continued harassment, and for that you got a 5 day ban.

Due to recent events you did indeed attract a lot of attention. A lot of staff was on their toes with you, with the right to do so, as you had shown continued bad behaviour, and the inability to listen to staff when you were told to stop or when you were /warned. You were on your last stroke for harassment/disrespecting staff.

nightmare likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.