Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Hi again! (Tillamoon)

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Tillamoon, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tillamoon

Tillamoon New Member

What is your IGN?
    Tillamoon

When were you punished?
    May 24th, 2017.

Who by?
    Jordan.

What offence did you commit?
    Ban evasion, but it goes much deeper than that. Around four years ago, I was banned for some reason I genuinely don't even remember anymore, but I can tell you right now that I used to be a pretty sad person. Paranoid. I ended up getting bullied by several other players on the server to the point where I'd cry myself to sleep sometimes and I felt more threatened than welcome. But I kept coming on. I butted heads with some people and if my memory serves me correctly, the staff weren't well equipped enough to handle them. This was before harassment was against the rules on the server and needless to say, I suffered quite a bit. After butting heads with several other players, I was eventually banned. Probably one of the worst days of my life.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I tried to appeal but my main was banned on the forums. I logged on using an alt to flag a staff down and was extremely reasonable and polite while asking them on what to do. Made a new account on the forums and appealed pretty dang well. Still got denied, but was worth a shot.

Why should we accept your appeal?
    Basically nobody except a select few people remember me. I've been having staff on here and other players reaching out to me because they miss me and want to stay in contact. Nobody remembers the wrong things that I did, and the people who harassed me (breakyr, rawdok) are no longer even around. Why retaliate when I have nothing to feel threatened by? There's no fight left in me. The biggest thing you guys will have to be concerned about with me is if I fall asleep mid game.

Since my initial ban 4 or so years ago, I have matured considerably. I graduated college with an AA in Art History and am currently trying to find a job outside of that field. Since 4 years ago, the map has been wiped multiple times, the bans have been wiped, the forums have been wiped, and I've even seen the domain for this website change.

Additional comments.
    I had a pretty swood idea for a trial period to see if I could be trusted back on the server. Please feel free to contact me on discord at Tillamoon#9974 if you wish to talk.

I believe it was Kieran that bought me my donor rank. I think he'd be gladdened to know that his 10$ is going back to work if I am able to come back.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Tillamoon

Tillamoon New Member

*Excited bear noises.* I remember you! I'm happy to see you again!

3. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

Hello tilla, long time no see. This appeal is obviously down to Jordan and I'll leave the decision up to him.

of course i am aware of why you were banned and have my opinions and thoughts about this appeal.

your ban was perm and you were unbanned due to a reset of the database a couple of years ago, this makes your case difficult for us staff because your punishment was enforcing your old one when you were banned the second time.

you need to be asked some questions and reminded of some rules before we even consider this appeal
    firstly you need to take responsibility for your actions on the server and contact staff or /ignore if players are harassing you.
    you need to realize that you were muted for a reason and /auc is not an appeal to a mute.
    you need to be asked some questions and hey! ask yourself these too;
    do you want to be unbanned?
    do you think you can follow the rules?
    do you think you have learnt your lesson?
    and why should we unban you?

we have seen you have tried many times to play on other servers but they still have the same problem with you as us,
    you go out of your way to avoid taking any role in what you did and try to avoid any punishments you are given with a passion.
    its hard for any of us to predict what you will be like even if we did unban you, its not an easy choice for us to make.

heres some more questions;
    can you deal with a toxic or bad situation in the right manner?
    are you going to be appropriate in chat and only auction items you wish to sell?
    you have a passion for this server as it seems, why do you want to come back?

some other news for you, the staff team is all but completely new to when you played, with a couple of changes to the roles
    mahi your fav staff ever, unfortunately retired and is still an active player.
    the admin role is here! with me kieranlb05 and awinterrose as admins
    the supervisor or [head-mod] group has been changed to a staff managing position
    mods have more perms now they can ban for up to 2 weeks and everyone has many options of muting people.
    this update to the roles has led to a smoother way in which the server is run and punishments are set out for staff
    now in guidelines so you will always be punished in the same way, no bias or confusion.

i would personally consider your appeal but i am going to talk to other staff and leave to decision to jordan,
    it all boils down to one single question "have you changed?"

thanks for this appeal, we take all appeals seriously and we hope to get back to you soon, thanks

kieranlb05

4. User3051

User3051 New Member

Hello again Tilla,
    Staff will be discussing this thoroughly today and we'll hopefully have a decision for you by the end of it. Please make sure you read our new rules here, and let me know when you've read through them. If you have any questions or concerns let me know, as your ability to follow these rules will ultimately be what keeps you on the server, or off of it.

5. Kee

Kee Well-Known Member

your unbanned, remember mess this one up its bye bye

6. User3051

User3051 New Member

After a discussion we’ve decided to unban you and give you the opportunity to contribute to the community in a respectful and appropriate manner. Keep in mind this unban is in place under the condition that you’ve read the rules thoroughly and follow them impeccably.
    Since you’ve last played the rules have been re-written to clarify a lot of grey areas. It is our hope that this will help players to understand what is and isn’t appropriate behaviour. Should you have any questions or concerns, please address them immediately with a staff member. Both @Kieranlb05 and I have made ourselves known to you, and we’re more than willing to do what we can for you. You can view our entire staff team here, all of which should be contactable in game and on the website. I’d like to stress again that it’s of utmost important should you need anything clarified you contact one of us before it becomes a problem, or the situation escalates.
    We’re all human and we all make mistakes, and by giving you another chance we hope you’ll have a better experience on the server this time around. As @Kieranlb05 has mentioned, we’re operating with almost an entirely new staff team, myself being the exception of that. I remember you from pre reset, making you one of our oldest players on the server. I've also always been a fan of the way you lay our your builds using redstone dust, it's interesting to see how you build things up. I was absent during your last stay on the server, but hopefully you’ll find things more manageable with current staff guidelines, new rules, and features.
    I know you’ve struggled in the past with some people, so to avoid conflict my final suggestion is to take advantage of the /ignore [name] command so they are unable to contact you. Should you run into any problems or conflicts, get in contact with a staff member or make a report here. We recommend to all players to not get involved in flame wars in chat or anything of the like, but rather ignore the person and report them so they can be dealt with appropriately, and you won’t be targeted.
    Look forward to seeing you in game again, welcome back.

Appeal Accepted.
    Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.