Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Upgradeable Spawners

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aflakk, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Aflakk

Aflakk Member

Off-topic: While sitting at my cow grinder I was thinking how I could increase my drops/spawn rates so I could use raw beef for my chef job reliably, as the income is much better than potatoes but crop farms are so much easier to build/maintain compared to spawner grinders. I have a decent cow grinder, 20 spawners atm, but can still get a crop yield at least 4x greater in the time it takes to regrow compared to me sitting there whacking cows with a high looting sword.

Suggestion: to be able to upgrade spawners to increase spawn rates/number of spawned mobs. I did a little looking around and found this plugin - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/spawner-upgrader.36416/ - that lets you upgrade spawners with money or experience. As the server economy is somewhat stale, with the rich getting richer and the server having almost nothing for a money sink (guess you could count the mall, but nothing really of value there), I think that this would be a great way for some of the more wealthy to upgrade their town/public grinders. I don't think this could cause server-harming lag issues since spawners already have a mob cap around them.

CrazyDad543 likes this.
  2. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

I was looking at it and it looks as though you only need an emerald and bottles of enchanting (only worth about $100). I think that this would be a great addition to the server if it was made to better suit the DifferentCraft! economy. :D

3. User3051

User3051 New Member

Interesting idea, and seems to be updated. I'm no dev so until Jordan or someone else is able to look into it, I really don't know if it's something implementable.

4. mosabsomaer

mosabsomaer Member

good idea i like it

5. CoolJoe

CoolJoe Hydra Leader

I would reply with an emoticon, but I'm too sad right now lol, but also, quick addition to what I said above: Maybe for different spawners, it could be more expensive to upgrade.

6. Aflakk

Aflakk Member

The plugin I added was just an example one that I found while looking around to see if this was done before. Of course numbers and payment types have to be tweaked to better fit the server's economy.

And @CoolJoe , the Bottle of Enchanting and Emerald are just interface items, not what you needed to upgrade, as in the screenshot it shows when mousing over the Bottle of Enchanting was for upgrading with experience, which you needed 30 levels to upgrade to Level 2. This is also shown in the plugin config:
    [...]
    Levels:
    '1':
    level-required-to-upgrade: 30
    money-required-to-upgrade: 50
    [...]

As is, level requirement is alright, but money required needs a major increase, like costing $1,000 * each level, so a max spawner would cost an additional $15,000, which is affordable, but not too cheap.

CrazyDad543 and CoolJoe like this.
  7. mosabsomaer

mosabsomaer Member

placing more spawners is good too