Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Wrongfully banned by kieran

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Mr_Masochistic, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Masochistic

Mr_Masochistic New Member

Myself (Mr_Masochistic) and MartinTheBrain are accused of "grief in a town", we did raid Kieranlb05 base but we did not "grief" and only took the things we found in unlock chest or are classified as raid-able by the Official Rules https://differentcraft.net/forums/threads/official-server-rules.6/ It is common knowledge that you cant break items inside of a town, we only raided the parts of the base that were able to be broken, therefore the sections were not inside her town.
    We did raid the base but that is allowed by your rules, we did not "grief", we stole a lot of raid-able blocks and she probably got upset and banned us for that before checking the rules.

It was obviously not a town, it had no town borders, claims, we only took the allowed raid-ables (anvils etc)
    The Chests were also unlocked, that makes them fair game according to the rules
    I feel this is highly biased because we broke no rules and kieran still banned us (it being theirs of course)
    I do though admit breaking certain signs that would be against the rules on many levels, but either way it wasen't a town, any blocks i did break, i also replaced,
    I feel i did nothing wrong and was banned based off biase

2. User3051

User3051 New Member

Kieran has already rejected your appeal, you can view it here.

To quote the rules exactly, word for word;
    Because raid is only permitted in the wild, it's considered grief and always has been to raid inside towns. It doesn't matter if they are raidable items or not, it is strictly NOT permitted inside of towns. Many people struggle with perms, which can sometimes result in them being turned on. [Which gives you the ability to build/destroy even though you are inside of a town.] Other times, perms are temporarily turned on to allow certain users access for whatever reason. In Kierans case, they were most likely left on as someone was building the Titanic for his base. It's been confirmed that it was indeed claimed.

He did not ban you unfairly. You broke the rules, and that has repercussions. I suggest reading through the rules thoroughly and contacting staff with any questions you have regarding them.

I'll leave this open for Kieran to decide whether or not he's had any second thoughts in the morning regarding your ban, however I wouldn't depend on it.

3. Mr_Masochistic

It clearly was the wild though, the message was onscreen, we had building/breaking access etc etc, we also did not raid more than 10 blocks, I would like to point out that a friend sent me something interesting on Kieran specifically, a friend of mine caught kieran raiding my base, its supcious though because we found them inside a locked chest, also because i have high reason to believe that kieran used the tp to another players home command for they havent been there before (as a form of revenge im guessing) kieran also *minorly* griefed out base, i have video footage to go by these claims if needed

4. Mr_Masochistic

Also if i have broken any rules can you state which ones, this is still unfair and biased as far as i see

5. User3051

User3051 New Member

It's been confirmed that it wasn't wild. His base is indeed claimed and this has been confirmed. None of what you're claiming makes sense. The message doesn't appear onscreen when you're in wild, only when entering claimed land [Or the first plot outside of claimed land]. If you do ./towny map it clearly shows the area as claimed. As already said, the perms were enabled which allows you to build/destroy in a town. As for not taking 10+ blocks, again, that applies to wild - not towns. This can all be demonstrated for your understanding upon your return to the server.

I very clearly stated the rules you broke in my above reply, there's not much more detail I can go into without showing you online. Everything done was within staff guidelines. If you're going to grief, you're going to be punished for it. If you can't take responsibility for your actions, chances are you won't be unbanned either.

As I already explained to your friend, Admins are permitted to go through locked chests to retrieve stolen items, which is what he did. Your friend did not provide or show me anything that had been griefed. The only thing they showed me was the sugarcane farm, which was in wild, and is also raidable as listed in the above quote.

As for how he got there, a bounty was traced using [/bounty locate] on your friend by a player whom which kieran had permission to TP to. This command allows people to track players location, and he was at your base.

[​IMG]

This has all been verified in the logs.

I'm locking the thread until Kierans able to tend to your ban.

Thread Locked.

6. User3051

User3051 New Member

I've contacted kieran through skype, and it's been decided once again to reject your appeal.
    Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.