Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Additions to Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aflakk, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Aflakk

Aflakk Member

Got no response on the thread on the old forum so here it is again. Just some items/blocks I think could be added into jobs to give it a little change.

Chef
    Craft
    Golden Apples - Possible Payout - $16.50 ($2/ gold ingot, $0.50/apple), fairly reasonable in my opinion since Blacksmithing gets at least $2/gold ingot (I'm level 23 and get nearly $3/ingot for crafting a Golden Chestpiece, or $4.60/ingot for crafting a Gold Sword).
    Golden Carrots - Possible Payout - $2.00 ($0.22/gold nugget, $0.24/carrot), similar as above, nugget price is approximately 1/9th the ingot value.

Cook
    Cooked Porkchop - same as other animal meats, no real reason it shouldn't be a part of the job

Blacksmith
    Craft
    Iron Pickaxe, Iron Axe, Iron Hoe - use similar ingot values as other iron armors/iron sword
    Gold Pickaxe, Gold Axe, Gold Hoe - same as above with golden ingots
    Already have Diamond Axe and Diamond Pickaxe which give money for crafting, so add other tiers as well
    Shears - similar ingot value as armor
    Flint and Steel - similar ingot value as armor, small value for flint

Repair
    All Iron, Gold and Diamond armors and tools, and not only swords - use the same ingot value as already set in place with the swords
    Shears - same ingot value as with repair swords

Netherworker
    Craft
    Nether Brick - can be similar to Red Nether Brick which is already included in the job

Kill
    Ghast - similar to, if not higher experience/payout than Wither Skeletons due to rarity

Miner
    Break
    Terracotta's (Hardened Clay) - same as stone (might not be do-able though with all the different colour variants)
    Sandstone/Red Sandstone - similar to stone, maybe less since it's easier to mine with lower efficiencies
    Ice - less than stone
    Packed Ice - less than stone
    End Stone - same as stone

Farmer
    Shear
    All coloured sheep - same value as white sheep (same as Terracotta though)

Break
    Flowers - if coloured variants aren't possible, make gathering flowers for dye give some money to make up for the added effort of only being able to shear white wool
    Mushroom/Red Mushroom - personally considered another farmer item since it can grow naturally (although not through stages like other crops)
    Cocoa Beans - similar to other crops

Tame
    Parrot - similar to wolves for value
    Donkey - similar to horses for value
    Llama - same as above

Alchemist
    Craft
    Glass Bottle - don't think I recall seeing it or water bottle as a use part of Alchemist job, may increase interest in this job (not the most popular one I've seen)
    Cauldron - also only really used for brewing

Digger
    Break
    Snow - same as dirt
    Snow Layer (snowballs) - can also be same as dirt
    Red Sand - Not a digger, so not sure if it's included in digging regular Sand or not
    Sandstone/Red Sandstone (suggested by MotherofUnicorns)
    Terracotta (suggested by MotherofUnicorns)

Craft
    Sandstone - thought of after reading MotherofUnicorns suggestions

Woodcutter
    Break
    Mushroom Block/Red Mushroom Block - Lower than regular wood, easier to break/ farm (Technically not a tree but can be grown from using bone meal on a mushroom/red mushroom)
    Leaves (All Types) - less than wood due to instant breaking with MCMMO Leaf Blower skill in Woodcutting

Shear
    Leaves (All Types) - see above

Kill
    Wolves (suggested by Esako)

Craft
    Axes (Golden, Iron, Diamond) (suggested by Esako)

Cook/Smelt
    Wood (suggested by Esako)

Hunter
    Kill
    Llama - same value as other passive mobs (chickens, pigs, etc.)
    Ocelot - same as above
    Donkey - same as above
    Horse - same as above
    Parrot - same as above

Undecided Job
    Craft
    Leather Armor - could be added into blacksmith to go with the rest of the armors, or maybe even hunter to make the job reliance on mob farms less.

Enchanter (potential new job) - suggested by MotherofUnicorns
    Earns money by enchanting books/items, or merging books with items in an anvil

This is all I have for now, may update it with more as I think of it, or make additions for any other suggestions that come up below.

Update:
    14-08-2017
    removed Concrete (miner) and Concrete Powder (digger) - not naturally generated blocks so cannot be farmed
    Added Alchemist - Glass Bottle and Cauldron
    Added Chef - Cooked Porckchop
    19-08-2017
    Added Miner - Sandstone/Red Sandstone, Ice, Packed Ice, End Stone
    Added Farmer - Break Flowers, Mushroom/Red Mushroom, Cocoa Beans
    Added Digger - Break Snow, Snow Layer, Red Sand
    Added Woodcutter - Break Mushroom Block/Red Mushroom Block
    26-08-2017
    Added Undecided Job - Craft Leather Armor
    Added Netherworker - Kill Ghast
    Added Woodcutter - Break/Shear Leaves (All Types)
    30-08-2017
    Added Farmer - Tame Parrot, Donkey, Llama
    Added Hunter - Kill Llama, Ocelot, Donkey, Horse, Parrot
    31-08-2017
    Added Blacksmith - Craft Shears, Flint and Steel
    Added Blacksmith - Repair Shears
    05-09-2017
    Added Esako's suggestions from https://differentcraft.net/forums/threads/woodcutter-job.149/
    13-09-2017
    Added MotherofUnicorns suggestions from post #3 ( https://differentcraft.net/forums/threads/additions-to-jobs.16/#post-867 )

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    MotherOfUnicorns and seeanuh like this.
  2. Xxepic_gamerxX

Xxepic_gamerxX Epic Member

I like the additions that you have posted here that kinda "fill in the gaps" that the job plugin right now doesn't cover.

3. MotherOfUnicorns

MotherOfUnicorns New Member

I had suggestion to add sandstone and terracotta to digger rather than miner just because miner gets paid for enough stuff and this could be a way to even out that jobs. And as a another suggestion you put an undecided job for crafting leather but I think a more beneficial job that the server doesn't have is enchanter. Lots of people sit on exp and sure custom enchant book if good sell for a lot but diversity in jobs make life more fun so adding Enchanter or similar job name that gets paid for enchanting books, tools, and armor could give some job combination and keep people grinding for the best money maker.

CrazyDad543 likes this.
  4. Aflakk

Aflakk Member

Added your suggestions to the list. My spot for Undecided Job is just a temporary to avoid double-posting the same thing under multiple jobs, like the leather armor could be blacksmithing since all other armor can be crafted with that job, or as hunter, since you get leather hunting mobs

5. User3051

User3051 New Member

Will be great to update jobs to include the above suggestions, but will require an adjustment period to get all the pricing right. Great suggestions, thanks for taking the time to do so.